Retraction Note: Hypothesis for heritable, anti-viral immunity in crustaceans and insects
© Flegel; licensee BioMed Central Ltd. 2009
Received: 29 September 2009
Accepted: 1 October 2009
Published: 1 October 2009
Correction to Flegel, TW: Hypothesis for heritable, anti-viral immunity in crustaceans and insects. Biology Direct 2009, 4:32.
- Flegel TW: Hypothesis for heritable, anti-viral immunity in crustaceans and insects. Biol Direct. 2009, 4: 32-10.1186/1745-6150-4-32.PubMedPubMed CentralView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Bertsch C, Beuve M, Dolja VV, Wirth M, Pelsy F, Herrbach E, Lemaire O: Retention of the virus-derived sequences in the nuclear genome of grapevine as a potential pathway to virus resistance. Biol Direct. 2009, 4: 21-10.1186/1745-6150-4-21.PubMedPubMed CentralView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Makarova K, Grishin NV, Shabalina SA, Wolf YI, Koonin EV: A putative RNA-interference-based immune system in prokaryotes: computational analysis of the predicted enzymatic machinery, functional analogies with eukaryotic RNAi, and hypothetical mechanisms of action. Biol Direct. 2006, 1: 7-10.1186/1745-6150-1-7.PubMedPubMed CentralView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Sorek R, Kunin V, Hugenholtz P: CRISPR - A widespread system that provides acquired resistance against phages in bacteria and archaea. Nat Rev Microbiol. 2008, 6: 181-186. 10.1038/nrmicro1793.PubMedView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Waters LS, Storz G: Regulatory RNAs in Bacteria. Cell. 2009, 136: 615-628. 10.1016/j.cell.2009.01.043.PubMedPubMed CentralView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Anantharaman V, Aravind L: The NYN domains: novel predicted RNAses with a PIN domain-like fold. RNA Biol. 2006, 3: 18-27.PubMedView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Iyer LM, Makarova KS, Koonin EV, L A: Comparative genomics of the FtsK-HerA superfamily of pumping ATPases: implications for the origins of chromosome segregation, cell division and viral capsid packaging. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004, 32: 5260-5279. 10.1093/nar/gkh828.PubMedPubMed CentralView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Burroughs AM, Iyer LM, Aravind L: Comparative genomics and evolutionary trajectories of viral ATP dependent DNA-packaging systems. Genome Dyn. 2007, 3: 48-65. full_text.PubMedView ArticleGoogle Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.